Monday, November 17, 2008

Reflections on Project

This project i feel has been particularly successful. I think that the group had good skills in all key areas, and so both the final videos are of very good quality. The project has allowed me to utilise more special effects, and i have improved upon skills i had for Adobe After Effects. I have also been able to improve my editing skills through using a different form that follows music video conventions - that i have found to increase my understanding of how to convey meaning to an audience through a variety of different techniques, as well as creating interesting cuts and effects to make certain aspects of the video stand out. On the shoots my partici[ation in lighting and particularly camerawork i believe has improved my skills of adapting to deliver different syles of footage, with interesting angles. By dividing into 2 parts for the editing stage, i believe that as individuals we have gained more in the form of creativity and practical skills, and being able to do so i think is a reflection of how good the group dynamics were for the project, thus i would hope to complete further projects with Matt, Lam and Mike.

No comments: